Catering for all shapes and sizes
Rugby is a game where team members really notice what they’re playing on; whether amateurs or pros chances are they’ll end up sliding around on it at some point, which is why synthetic surfaces are such a bonus.
Why Faux is best for Rugby?
Goodbye to wet, muddy, slippery ground and hello to natural-feeling, non-abrasive, synthetic turf. Artificial surfaces have been fully embraced at international level, the RFU (Rugby Football Union) and IRB (International Rugby Board) both acknowledge its suitability for training. Interest has swiftly spread to the grass roots of the game and many local clubs are now installing artificial turf.
So which surface?
- Third generation (3G) synthetic surfaces, which are similar to the surfaces used for football.
- A choice of Fibrillating or Monofilament yarn with Low Slide Resistance (LSR) are used with sand and rubber crumb infill offering good value for money, natural two-toned grass look and hard-wearing surface for longer-term performance.
- For rugby use we recommend a pile height of 65mm and installation of a shockpad —we have a wide range to suit all needs.
- Testing of pitches to IRB (International Rugby Board) standards.
- Custom designed natural grass pitches to your requirements.
The complete package:
As part of Blakedown’s turnkey service we can provide floodlighting, fencing and equipment, we can construct access roads, build car parks or landscape the area to complete your project.
With the majority of the construction being carried out by our own in-house workforce you will have our full attention and expertise from start to finish.
Any questions? Contact Us to discuss your requirements.