Your goals are our goals
Blakedown can design and construct both artificial and natural football facilities, whether you require a pitch for outdoor, indoor, 5-a-side, community use or a Premiership standard facility, we will work with you to provide the best solution for your budget and performance needs.
Why faux is best for football
- Synthetic pitches can be played on all year round
- They are more durable than natural grass pitches, so can be played on more frequently and for longer periods.
- They are much easier and cheaper to maintain than grass pitches, making them highly cost effective.
So Which Surface?
Third Generation (3G) surfaces are FIFA and FA approved and the most modern of the carpets, developed to replicate natural turf, with outstanding performance, reduced ball bounce and low resistance to turning and sliding so = greater safety for players and no bald patches. They come in pile heights ranging from 40mm to 65mm and can be tested to FIFA 1* and FIFA 2* status.
- A choice of Fibrillating or Monofilamoent yarn with Low Slide Resistance (LSR) are used with sand and rubber crumb infill offering good value for money, natural two-toned grass look and hard-wearing surface for longer-term performance.
- The 3G carpets can been laid on various different bases from the top spec “Engineered System” of a stone base, tarmac and a shockpad to the “Dynamic System” where the carpet is laid on a stone base with the option of a shockpad. See a cross-section diagram .
- Both systems are installed above a fully porous drainage system
- Fully sanded carpet is also suitable for football and ideal for combining multi-sport use.
The complete package
As part of Blakedown’s turnkey service we can provide floodlighting, fencing and equipment, we can construct access roads, build car parks or landscape the area to complete your project.
With the majority of the construction being carried out by our own in-house workforce you will have our full attention and expertise from start to finish.
Any questions? Contact Us to discuss your requirements.